GovCMS ships with many features out of the box. The Starter theme provides users with a great starting point for being productive and compliant with the Design System. The Convivial for GovCMS theme, built by Morpht, extends the Starter with several new features providing extra functionality.
- GovCMS Starter (RIP)
- GovCMS8 shipped with an Australian Government Design System. However, this theme has since been removed from the GovCMS 2 (Drupal 9) codebase and is no longer available out of the box.
- Convivial for GovCMS
- The Convivial for GovCMS distro, from Morpht, extends GovCMS and the theme with extra features. The theme includes a full implmentation of the Australian Government Design System (now GOLD).
- Used for basic information and landing pages.
- Used for listing articles in an ordered way suitable for feeds and updates.
- used for news feeds to keep people up to date.
- Used for FOI pages required for government reporting.
- User for listing time based events in sequential order.
Modifiers allow the look and feel of content to be modified through the addition of vaious effects. Modifiers generally work with media queries to control how they wok at different breakpoints.
- Background Colour
- Set the colour of the background by specifying colour hex values.
- Background Image
- Set a static background image for content.
- Background Parallax
- Set a dynamic background image for content which moves when the page is scrolled.
- Linear Gradient
- Add a linear gradient in any direction, transitioning through two or more colours.
- Relative Height
- Define a relative height for content.
- Adaptive Height
- Define a relative height for content which will adapt to the content if it needs extra height.
- Radial Gradient
- Add a radial gradient, transitioning through two or more colours.
- Background Video
- Set a background video via videojs. Not suitable recommended for government sites.
- Scroll Reveal
- Define an animation for the appearance of items as the page is scrolled and content is revealed.
- Add fonts to a page for use on content.
- Hide content.
- Define custom paddign for content.
- Clip Path
- The Clip Path modifier allows you to make complex shapes in CSS by clipping an element to a basic shape (circle, ellipse, polygon, or inset).
Editors are able to author and build content through the use of components. Components may be implemented as paragraphs, blocks or fields.
- Accordion (paragraph)
- A collapsible way to display content with a heading.
- Content (paragraph)
- A simple way to add content in chunks.
- Node List (paragraph)
- A list of nodes which can be rendered with a view mode and arranged in a layout.
- Item List (paragraph)
- A list of paragraph items which can be rendered with a view mode and arranged in a layout.
- Section Layout (paragraph)
- A wrapper paragraph which can group other paragraphs and apply layouts to them. Useful when the page structure is complex and when modifiers need to be applied to multiple components.
- Slideshow (paragraph)
- An animated display fo slides. Not recommended for government sites.
- Circle progress (paragraph)
- Animated circles representing statistical data.
- Social Icons (block)
- Icons for the major social sites. Useful for sharing content.
- Was this page useful? (field)
- A form for collecting user feedback on the usefulness of a page.
- Table of contents (field)
- A dynamically created menu based on the content of the page. Augmented with smaooth scrolling to take the user to the content.
- Charts (paragraph)
- Various displays of data using the C3 library. Data can be consumed from an uploaded CSV or a URL.
- Embeddable Views (paragraph)
- A paragraph to embed dynamic lists of data, generated from the Views module.
- Intro (field)
- Display a introductory paragraph at the head of an article.
- Exclude from search (field)
- Selectively remove content from showing in search results.
- Page last updated
- Report back to the user key dates for the content such as created, updated and valid at.
- Embeddable apps (paragraph)
- Embeddable apps allow you launching rich media applications.
- CTA link (field)
- The call to action link with special styling displayed in Large Teaser view mode.
- Map (paragraph)
- A mobile friendly interactive map powered by Leaflet and GeoJSON.
- Map (paragraph)
- Displays catalogs of spatial items in various formats on the National Map viewer.
- ReadSpeaker (field)
- With ReadSpeaker webReader, the content on a website can be read aloud to you.
Content can be rendered in different displays. iew modes cn be defined across the varius content types and other entities, leading to consistent results for rendering items on a page.
- A compact way to list items, generally with an image.
- A standard way to list items, generally with an image.
- Basic Card
- A high impact way to display a card, with simple information.
- Image Card
- A high impact way to display a card, with detailed information.
- A concise way to return data, no image is shown.
- Suitable for showing search results.
- Calendar item
- List event items out in a calendar view.
- A bold way to list items, generally with an image. Works well in an alternating pattern.
- UI Kit Starter theme
- GovCMS8 ships with a Starter theme which implements UI Kit as defined by the Dsign System.
- Configurable theme
- A theme with configuration options to provide some flexibility to site builders who do not want to implement their own custom theme.
- Media Management
- A system to handle the uploading, filtering, editing and embedding of media assets.
- Bulk uploads
- A way to upload many files in one go.
- Faceted Search
- Filter search results by a facet (aspect) of the data.
- Google Analytics
- Add Google Analytics tracking to the site.
- Add standard metatags as well as Open Graph.
- XML Sitemap
- Enable a XML sitemap for inclusion in search engines.
- Password Policy
- Define a password policy for the strength of passwords.
- Expose data via GraphQL.
- JSON API
- Expose dta via JSON API.
- Manage the transition of content through different states, controled by users with roles.
- Collect, store and email data collected from users.
- Responsive Layouts
- Render the site with layouts which adapt to the screen size.
- Responsive Images
- Render images with adapt to the screen size and the pixel density of the screen.
- Flexible WYSIWYG images
- Add captioned images to content of varying sizes and float them left and right.
- Accessible Mega Menu
- Accessible mega menu meets all requirements for accessibility and is navigable using tab and arrow keys.
- Breakout (of container) style
- Breka content out of the container it is contained in and make it go edge to edge. useful on landing pages.
- Bootstrap 4 version (convivial.io)
- Enjoy all of the features listed on this page - just in Bootstrp 4 rather than UI-Kit.
Layouts for lists
Certain lists on the site can have layouts applied to them, transforming them from a simple list down the page.
- Full width
- Display node and item lists full width.
- 2 col
- Display node and item lists 2 across.
- 3 col
- Display node and item lists 3 across.
- 4 col
- Display node and item lists 4 across.
- Display node and item lists alternating. Works for teasers.
GovCMS8 UI-Kit Starter theme should keep abreast of UI-Kit theme, however, there are other features which may not yet be ratified which are useful.
- Sidebar styling
- Display sidebars as per examples on DT etc website.
- Card styling
- Display card view modes according to preliminary designs in the Design System.
- Display an external link marker when a link points to a domain outside of the current site.